3-Methoxy Propyl Amine (MOPA) CAS: 5332-73-0
Synonyms: 3-Methoxy-1-Propaneamine, 3-Methoxy Propyl Amine
Molecular Weight: 89.1 gm/mole
Methoxypropylamine (MOPA) is a clear, colorless liquid. It typically and an ammonia like odor.
It has properties typical of primary amines and is miscible with water, ethanol, toluene, acetone, hexane and other standard solvents.
Methoxypropylamine can be used in making amine soaps that can be used in dispersions and emulsions of natural and synthetic waxs used in flowing, textiles, water-based paints etc. Methoxypropylamine volatilizes with water and leaves behind an insoluble wax film. Further, methoxypropylamine in dilute solutions does not have an objectionable odor.
Methoxypropylamine can be used in the following applications:
- Emulsifier in anionic coatings and wax formulations
- Methoxypropylamine is commonly used in water treatment applications as a flocculating agent, and it is can be used to inhibit corrosion in steam condensate systems. It can also reduce presence of carbon dioxide in water.
- Morpholine substitute
- Insecticide emulsions
- Dye solvents, textile assistants
- Adhesion promoter for aluminum and aluminum alloy surface coatings
- When reacted with bis(2-carbamoylphenyl) disulfides it can be used to help control mildew fungi in latex and alkyd paints
- Methoxypropylamine is used in the manufacture of polyamide resins
- It is used as a corrosion prevention additive in oil drilling equipment etc
|Appearance||Clear, colorless liquid|
|% Moisture content (KF)||0.3 Max|
|Purity % (GC)||99.5% Max|
Methoxypropylamine (MOPA) is available in tank truck quantities, and 55 gallon drums.
Silver Fern Chemical is a bulk-based distributor of specialty and industrial chemicals for small and large manufacturers. We can ship Methoxypropylamine (MOPA) according to your exact specifications, as our goal is to get your product to you safely and efficiently. To learn more about placing an order for Methoxypropylamine (MOPA), please call us at 866-282-3384.
Also Known As
3-Methoxy-1-Propaneamine, 3-Methoxy Propyl Amine, MOPA, Methoxy Propy Amine